Friends of Glossop Music FestivalHelping to create a truly international classical music festival
Be part of a truly international music Festival in the High Peak
Glossop Music Festival has quickly established itself as an annual fixture in the classical music calendar for audiences and musicians alike.
We offer a week-long Summer Festival together with one-off Chamber concerts throughout the year for the people of Glossop and High Peak.
Thanks to the support of our current Friends and Sponsors we have been able to grow the Festival, as well as develop our educational activities with local schools.
As a registered charity, our ticket income only covers around half our annual operating costs. By becoming a Friend of GMF, you can make a real difference to the cultural offering in Glossop, as well as help us deliver high quality educational programme for schools in the area.
• An individual membership pays for 10 young people to attend a musical workshop
• An individual membership pays for 5 people to attend two-hour workshop with the Hallé choral staff
• An individual membership pays for one night’s hotel accommodation for one of our visiting principal artists
• One joint membership pays for the hosting of the GMF website for over a year
• One joint membership pays for timpani porterage
• Two joint memberships pay for an orchestral musician at the Summer Festival
• Three joint memberships pay for the grand piano hire and tuning (£200 hire, £70 tuning)
YOUR DONATION MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
BECOME A FRIEND and contribute to the future development of a quality international music Festival.
• Experience musical masterpieces
• Enjoy world class performances
• Keep professional classical music alive in Glossopdale
FRIEND £50 Individual/£90 Joint annual membership fee.
*GET 3 MONTHS FREE MEMBERSHIP IF YOU ARE JOINING THE FRIENDS FOR THE FIRST TIME
Friends benefits include
• One week’s priority booking FOR THE SUMMER FESTIVAL
• Reserved seating at Concerts held in the Parish Church, Old Glossop
• Priority booking for two tickets per performance and four for joint members
• Friends newsletter twice a year from the Chair of the GMF Board
• Recognition of your support on the GMF website and in the Summer Festival Souvenir Brochure
• Annual Friends Social Event & Concert
We would like to thank our current Friends for their support:
Mark & Sheila Adlard | Alison Allcard | Mary Andrews | Patricia Ralls & Jeff Barlow | Allan Barnes | Marion Barter | C & B Bohan | Helen Bowdur | Mike & Gill Bull | Margaret Butler | Ian Chesters | Tim & Maureen Cox | Edwina Currie Jones | Jeremy & Angela Dale | Jane Dixon | Rev Martin & Kate Dowland | Valerie Elliott | Penelope Fish | Elizabeth Anne Fox | Judith and Ed Fuidge | Ken George | Sam & Deb Griffiths-Jones | Carole Hallam | Mark Henderson | Cilla Hollman | Ghislaine & Michael Howard | Simon & Louise Hurrell | Jim and Pat Joyce | Ian Laybourn | Caro Millington & Michael Robinson | Nick Minns & Lesley Mitchell | Linda Otridge | Esme Pickford | Jennifer Powell | David Reeve | Jeff Snowdon | Victoria Stec | Peter & Jennie Sutherland | Anna Vaughan | Rev Fred & Mrs Sylvia Whitehead | Frank Whittaker | Andy Zuntz and Karen Mitchell